About Our Company
Big Rock Exploration was founded in 2010 and has been growing ever since. Big Rock Exploration is a technical consulting firm that is specialized in identifying, exploring and evaluating metals, minerals, energy and other natural resources. Big Rock Exploration provides tailored project solutions on diverse projects through quality scientific investigation. Our vast network of Geoscientists, Project Managers and Field Technicians provide clients with reliable expertise for all kinds of natural resource projects.
Based out of Minneapolis, Minnesota, Big Rock has provided services in Canada, Nevada, Arizona, South Dakota, Wyoming, Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and more. Employees and Contractors are offered to work on exciting and diverse projects in unique locations. Big Rock Exploration is continually looking for new and innovative people to join the team.
Why work for Big Rock Exploration?
Big Rock Exploration is comprised of owners, directors, employees, and independent contractors. Each person is an integral part of the Big Rock team, company mission & success. Big Rock provides a fun, cohesive, flexible, and rewarding work environment as well as opportunities to grow. Many of our positions provide the opportunity to become ‘contract to hire’. Employees are offered health insurance, paid vacation days, holidays, and have the potential for bonus.
Continued learning through national/international conferences, academic seminars, and community outreach are all encouraged. Big Rock Exploration is committed to the health and safety of its staff, community outreach and our environmental stewardship through sustainable work principles and transparency.
What We Look For:
- Project inductions, safety documentation, safety inspections or other related tasks
- Assisting the project team with claim staking
- Various forms of field reconnaissance such as mapping, sampling, surveying, and other various forms of technical data collection, etc…
- Data processing, data QRQC, digital mapping
- General field labor as needed
- Geophysical surveying
- GPS surveying
- Core logging, sampling and processing
- Community engagement and outreach
- Any additional projects assigned by the Project Manager or Company Executive
- First Aid/CPR Certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology
- Must be able to lift/push/pull at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- No felonies (For work in Canada)
- Valid passport and driver’s license
- Able to travel 75% of time
- Have a working mobile phone at all times
- Basic knowledge of GIS and other database computer programs
How to apply:
Thank you for your interest in joining the Big Rock Exploration team! We welcome all applications but primarily seek candidates for our contracted geologist positions. To be considered, you will need to complete all of the sections of the online application below, and we also require a resume and cover letter which can be attached. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply. Big Rock Exploration will contact applicants for an interview as deemed necessary. If you are having difficulties submitting your application or just simply want to follow-up from your submission, feel free to reach us at email@example.com.
Life At Big Rock
We value family first, friendship over business, and playing hard but working harder. We believe in cultivating strong community relationships and bridging the gap with the next generation of geologists.
Culture & Values
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our staff and enables us to deliver exceptional results for clients.
BIG IDEA THINKING
We like to think “outside-the-box.” To us, there is no box.
We’re most effective when each person can utilize their strengths and hold each other accountable.
Our team has a driven work-ethic, but we realize family life as a cornerstone of our values.
Young & Energetic
We bring enthusiasm and fresh perspective with our team and clients.
We foster meaningful, practical, and relevant learning opportunity and professional development.
Our vision is to innovate and constantly seek growth opportunities. We rely on our team to help us get there so it is a collective success.